Name:
Location: York County, Virginia

I am retired from the York/Poquoson Sheriff's Office after 24 1/2 years. I am currently employed at Weymouth Funeral Home in Newport News VA and Riverside Hospital also in Newport News. I am president and co-founder of the York County Historical Society. I am also on the York County Historical Museum Board, associate member of the York County Historical Committee, Poquoson Historical Society, Nicolas Maritau Decsendants Association, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Sons of the American Revolution,West Virginia Genealogical Society and the U.S.S. Yosemite AD-19 Veterans Association. I am also a thirty year Parrothead. I am a 12th generation York County native even though I was born in Cocoa Beach FL.

Sunday, October 21, 2007




Can you identify the people in these photos from the August 23, 1933 hurricane? I think they are from Poquoson.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom2Colby said...

Frank,
The first picture is my grandparents, John Riley and Maggie Lena Garrett Firth with some of their 11 children. I would love to have this picture (a copy? please) and I will get the names of the children as I am not sure which they are!
R

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That does look like my Great Grandma Lena! I am her son (Edward's) grandaughter...I am sure my mother and family would love a copy of this, where did you get it from?

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home