Name:
Location: York County, Virginia

I am retired from the York/Poquoson Sheriff's Office after 24 1/2 years. I am currently employed at Weymouth Funeral Home in Newport News VA and Riverside Hospital also in Newport News. I am president and co-founder of the York County Historical Society. I am also on the York County Historical Museum Board, associate member of the York County Historical Committee, Poquoson Historical Society, Nicolas Maritau Decsendants Association, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Sons of the American Revolution,West Virginia Genealogical Society and the U.S.S. Yosemite AD-19 Veterans Association. I am also a thirty year Parrothead. I am a 12th generation York County native even though I was born in Cocoa Beach FL.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

July 2006 Meeting of the York County Historical Society
The York County Historical Society will meet on Monday,July 2,2006 at Providence United Methodist Church at 113 Old Dare Road at 7:00pm. Our speaker will be Cynthia Colonna. She will talk about her family and the five generations that lived in Dare.
Her great grandfather served on the C.S.S Virginia (Merrimac). Her family moved to the Dare area of York County in 1941. I am hoping to see you all there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home